Proteinase K is a subtilisin-like endolytic protease that is isolated from the saprophytic fungus Tritirachium album. It has a high activity that is stable across a wide range of pH and temperature conditions and is suited to short digestion times. Proteinase K is active in a wide range of temperatures and buffers with optimal activity between 20 and 60°C and a pH between 7.5 and 12.0. Calcium is not essential to the function of proteinase K.
- Form : White to Light Yellow Powder, Lyophilized from purified liquid enzyme
- Source : Mutated gene from Tritirachium album limber, Recombinant
- Specific Activity : ≥30U/mg dry weights
- Molecular Weight : 29.3 kDa
- Isolation of plasmid and genomic DNA
- Isolation of RNA
- Inactivation of RNases, DNases and enzymes in reactions
- Removal of enzymes from DNA to improve cloning efficiency
- PCR purification
Shipping and Storage Conditions
- Store at 4 to -20ºC recommended : Proteinase K powder is stable at room temperature in two years.
- Expiration : Three years if kept below 4ºC.
- Dilution Buffer: none specific, distilled water recommended.
Cat No. Size Note W6050 22 mg